One of Singapore's biggest names in fashion, blogger/model Willabelle Ong has conquered Asia's fashion scene and far beyond at the tender age of 18 (who knows what she'll accomplish next!). Her blog, www.paledivision.com, has garnered the attention of thousands of global fashionistas, young and old, and continues to grow at a commendable rate. From her candy-colored hair tendencies to her equally bold sartorial ones, Willabelle's youthful yet sophisticated taste remains close to the hearts of many of her dedicated readers and followers. Read on to learn a bit more about this successful fashionista's life!
1) How did you get started with blogging? Was it a long-time dream of yours?The Pale Division blog was founded shortly after my Lookbook account was created as I wanted to document my personal style in greater detail. It was also a space for me to post inspiration, daily visuals and unnecessary word vomit. I don't think blogging was ever a long-time dream of mine, it simply happened.
2) What's the nicest thing a fan has ever done for you?
I'm flattered enough whenever a reader refers himself/herself as a 'fan'. Everything has been really nice - the long, encouraging emails, the wonderful illustrations, the shout-outs, etc.
3) What's your guilty pleasure comfort food?
Chocolate! Or ice-cream. I've been having too much ice-cream recently, even though we're currently experiencing winter...
4) What's your least favorite activity?
I dread any form of exercise but running has to be the worst. My stamina is hopeless.
Probably fine rings and a good pair of shoes. I like how a pair of kicks can make or break an outfit. Outerwear is always a favourite too! Light-weight pieces can be layered in summer while I'm all about faux-fur and woollen coats in winter.
6) What is the most important thing to remember about blogging and fashion in general?
Ignore the negative criticism and focus on the constructive ones instead. People will always have something to say behind your back. Just remember that's where they belong, right behind you.
7) If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
To stop worrying so much!
8) What do you love about yourself?
I don't know... I love how I'm surrounded by positive and encouraging people. Does that count?
9) Heels, booties, wedges or flats?
Heels... And wedges.
10) Hopes and dreams for the future?
To travel the world!
What do you think of Willabelle's blog and her eclectic sense of style?
+ Singer/Songwriter/YouTuber/Popspoken Entertainment Editor Zack Hourihane and I will be doing a Q&A video this coming week, so please tweet/email/tumblr ask me any questions you have for either of us that you'd like us to answer!